A simple story about
compost and erosion.
|The usual control for erosion–the silt fence.
Everybody knows it doesn’t work!
|This does work–it is COMPOST masquerading as a filter berm!
When the job is done, you can spread it out
on the ground–and you just did the world a favor.
|Its easy to put this stuff into place!|
|A variety of specialized equipment is available.|
Some Great Compost Links
- Runoff control using compost (EPA)
- Innovative Uses of Compost (EPA–series of papers)
- CORNELL Composting (a great compost web site!)
- Soil facts: Using municipal solid waste compost (good stuff from NCSU on soil properties, etc)
- U.S. Composting Council (the industry organization)
- Composting Toilets Emerge as Viable Alternatives